What is SNAP?
Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is an aptitude test conducted by Symbiosis International University (SIU), Pune for admission to MBA programs. All institutes under Symbiosis International University have made the SNAP exam mandatory for taking admission to MBA programs. SNAP is the initial step in the admission process after which the students are required to submit applications in individual colleges and clear personal interaction and Writing Ability Test (WAT).
Examination Pattern of SNAP:
SNAP Test will be conducted in 30 cities across the country and the time allotted for it will be 120 minutes. All the questions asked will be objective type questions with four responses and one correct answer. The answer to a question is marked by circling the appropriate bubble using a blue or black ball point pen only.
The SNAP test is divided into 4 sections. The number of questions and marks allotted for each section is as shown below:
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning and Ability||40||40|
|General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Business Scenario||40||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency||40||40|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||30||60|
Negative marking is applicable and 25% of the marks allotted for the question will be deducted for wrong answer.
|1.||Online Registrations for SNAP commences||September 3, 2014||17.00 hrs.||snaptest.org|
|2.||SNAP Test Registration closes||November 26, 2014||24.00 hrs.||snaptest.org|
|3.||SNAP Test payment closes||November 29, 2014||24.00 hrs.||snaptest.org|
|4.||SNAP Test Admit Card available on website||December 06, 2014 to December 21, 2014||11.30 hrs.||snaptest.org|
|5.||SNAP Test 2014||December 21, 2014||14.00 hrs. to 16.00 hrs.||30 cities|
|6.||SNAP Test Result||January 10, 2015||13.00 hrs.||snaptest.org|
SNAP 2014: How to apply for the test?
- Step I. Online Registration
- Register for SNAP test at www.snaptest.org
- Fill in the required details and upload latest scanned photograph
- SNAP ID is generated
- Step II. Payment: 4 payment options are available
- Cash – After online SNAP 2014 registration, take a print out of ‘Axis Bank Challan’ from SNAP website. This will be in 3 parts. Pay Rs. 1500/- in cash at any Axis Bank branch in your city.
- Demand Draft – Get a DD from any nationalized bank and courier it to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat Address.
- Credit Card - Make an online payment through using either a Master or Visa card.
- Net Banking - Transfer the SNAP test fee to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat a/c through Net Banking.
NOTE: Candidate should keep the ‘Student copy’ as payment receipt. Sign the stamped ‘Symbiosis copy’ of the ‘Axis Bank Challan’ and send it to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat.
- Step III. Admit Card
- Print the admit card as and when the date is announced.
- Preserve this authenticated Admit Card for the further selection processes of individual Institutes.
The institutes accepting the SNAP scores and the courses offered by them can be seen from the link: http://www.snaptest.org/overview.html
As per the UGC Regulations/Guidelines, following will be the reservation policy for admission to any programme of Institutes of SIU (except Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies, which has separate policy)
- WITHIN SANCTIONED INTAKE
- Scheduled Caste (SC): 15%
- Scheduled Tribes (ST): 7.5%
- Differently Abled*: 3%
- OVER & ABOVE INTAKE
- Kashmiri Migrants: 2 seats per programme
- International Candidates: 15%
Candidates applying from categories other than Open Category are required to submit valid supporting document(s) at the time of GE-PIWAT (if shortlisted).
Some of the important instructions of the SNAP-2014 Selection Procedure for PI-WAT are,
- GE-WAT-PI will be conducted in the month of February, 2014 at Pune (Lavale, Hinjewadi & Kirkee), Bengaluru and NOIDA.
- Shortlisted status can be checked by the students under the programme.
- The selection of the slots will be done on the basis of first come first book basis.
- Candidate will be allowed to attend one PI-WAT round in the programme they have applied for.
Once the selection process is over a final Merit list is announced, declaring the names of selected candidates for admission in the management programmes in various campuses. The SNAP 2014 Exam will be conducted on December 21, 2014 and the result will be declared on January 10, 2015.
WEIGHTS FOR FINAL MERIT LIST
|SNAP Score out of 180 scaled down to 50||Group Exercise (GE)||Personal Interaction (PI)||Writing Ability Test (WAT)||Total|
It has been seen over the years that the questions asked in SNAP are pretty much on the easier side with a few tricky and difficult questions in between. One should not waste much time in a question as there are a plenty of sitters in the question paper. It is important that one takes a few practice tests in the weeks before SNAP to get used to the pattern of test and form a strategy for the actual SNAP test. One should revise and go through all the basic formulae as many of the questions are based on simple and direct application of these formulae.