- ONLINE REGISTRATION OF APPLICATION : 07.04.2014
- PAYMENT OF FEES – ONLINE : 07.04.2014 TO 25.04.2014
- PAYMENT OF FEES – OFFLINE : 10.04.2014 TO 28.04.2014
Recruitment Examination will be conducted tentatively in June 2014. Candidates are advised to regularly check Bank’s website www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in for details and updates. The examination will be as detailed under point No. 4 – Selection procedure.
Applications are invited from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment as Probationary Officers (POs) in State Bank of India. Candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India.
Backlog vacancies included in the above mentioned total vacancies.
*Vacancies reserved for OBC category are available to OBC Candidates belonging to ‘Non-creamy layer’. ‘Creamy layer’ OBC candidates should indicate their category as ‘General’.
Vacancies for OH & VH category candidates are reserved horizontally. Vacancies including reserved vacancies are provisional and may vary according to the requirements of Bank.
1. ELIGIBLITY CRITERIA :
(A) Essential Academic Qualifications : (ASON10.08.2014)
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government.
Those who are in the Final year of their Graduation/Semester may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 10.08.2014.
Candidate having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 10.08.2014.
Note : The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the marksheet or provisional certificate issued by the University / Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University / Institute then a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University / Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
(B) Age Limit : (As on 01.04.2014)
Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01.04.2014 i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1984 and not later than 01.04.1993 (both days inclusive)
|1.||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||5 Years|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|3.||Persons With Disabilities (PWD)||PWD (SC/ST)-15 Years
PWD (OBC)- 13 Years
PWD (Gen)- 10 Years
|4.||Ex Servicemen, Commissioned officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment.||5 Years|
|5.||Persons Ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir
Division of the state of Jammu & Kashmir
during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989
NOTE : CUMULATIVE AGE RELAXATION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE EITHER UNDER THE ABOVE ITEMS OR IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER ITEMS.
2. Notes for Orthopaedically Handicapped (OH) / Visually Handicapped (VH) candidates :
OH/VH Candidates who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability should posses disability certificate issued by Medical Board duly constituted by Central or State Government issued on or before last date of online submission of application :
- Only those OH candidates who have locomotor disability or cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment of minimum 40% and only those who fall in the following categories are eligible to apply:
MW- Muscular weakness and limited physical endurance
OL – One leg affected (R or L)
BL- Both legs affected but not arms
OA- One arm affected (R or L) -
- Impaired reach;
- weakness of grip; ©ataxia
- Only those Visually handicapped persons who suffer from any one of the following
conditions are eligible to apply.
- Total absence of sight.
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (Snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses.
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
- Candidates having low vision as defined in Chapter I, Para 2 (u) of The persons with Disabilities (Equal opportunities, protections of rights and full participation) Act 1995.
- At the time of written examination, only blind/low vision candidates and those candidates whose writing speed is affected by cerebral palsy can use scribe/writer at his/her own cost. In all such cases where a scribe/writer is used, the following rules will apply :
- The candidate will have to arrange his/her own scribe/writer at his/her cost.
- The candidate will have to give a suitable undertaking, in the prescribed format at the time of online examination.
- Only those candidates who use a scribe/writer shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes and/or part there of for every hour of the examination provided that the candidate uses scribe /writer for both the objective&descriptive test.
Instructions for writing Category Name and Category Code no. while applying online.
Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming in the ‘CREAMY LAYER’, are not entitled to OBC reservation and age relaxation. They should indicate their category as ‘GEN’ or ‘GEN (OH)’ or ‘GEN (VH)’ (as applicable).
Various category names and their code numbers are given below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CHANGE OF CATEGORY WILL NOT BE PERMITTED AT ANY STAGEAFTER REGISTRATIONOFONLINE APPLICATION.
4. SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Phase-I Examination consisting Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks.
The Objective Test will be online. Immediately after online Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered. Cadidates will have to answer Descriptive Test on paper/Pen mode.
- (i) Objective Test: TheObjective Test with 2 hour duration consists of 4 Sections with 50
marks each (Total 200 marks) as follows:
- Test of English Language (Grammar, Vocabulary, Comprehension etc.)
- Test of General Awareness, Marketing & Computers
- Test of Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Test of Reasoning (High Level)
- The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks,
to be decided by the Bank.
- (ii) Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test with 1 hour duration (50marks) will be of “Test of English Language (comprehension, short précis, letter writing &essay)”.
The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are Placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
(b) Phase-II Group Discussion (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)
The aggregate marks of candidates qualifying in both the Objective Tests and Descriptive Test will be arranged in descending order in each category. Adequate number of candidates in each category, as decided by the Bank will be called for Group Discussion and Interview. The qualifying marks in Group Discussion &Interview will be as decided by the Bank.
Candidates qualified for GD & Interview under ‘OBC’ category are required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause. Candidates not submiting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non Creamy layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-I and Phase-II separately.
Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Discussion & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Discussion &Interview out of 100 for each category.
The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.
Results of the candidates who have qualified for Phase II and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the Bank’s website. Final select list will be published in Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar.
5. The examination will be held in the month of June 2014 (Tentatively) . The Tentative List of examination centres is Placed as Point No. : 12.
Candidate should Choose the name of the Centre where he/she desires to take the examination. NO CHANGE IN THE CHOICE OF EXAMINATION CENTRE
WILL BE ENTERTAINED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. BANK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD OR DELETE ANY CENTRE OR ALTER EXAMINATION DATE AT ITS DISCRETION.
PAY: The starting basic pay is Rs 16,900/- (with 4 increments) in the scale of Rs 14500-600/ 7-18700-700/2-20100-800/7-25700 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale I.
The official will also be eligible for D.A, H.R.A & C.C.A as per rules in force from time to time. The compensation per annum at Mumbai is around Rs 8,40,000/-. The break up of monthly compensation is as under:
|Cash Component||Rs 34,320/-|
|Bank’s contribution to PF||Rs 1,690/-|
|Housing (LeaseRental)||Rs 29,500/-|
Perquisites (Conveyance, Newspapers, Entertainment allowance,House&FurnitureMaintenance etc. Rs 4,130/- In addition, the officers are also entitled to other benefits like –
- Medical Aid for self (100%) and for family (75%)
- Home Travel Concession/Leave Fare Concession
- Concessional Interest Rates for Housing/Car/Personal Loans
The salary scales are under revision with effect from November 2012.
The Probationary Officers will be on probation of two years during which they will be given intensive training. Towards end of their probation / training period, they will be subjected to a screening process. While those Officers who achieve the predetermined standards may be confirmed and given placement in the next higher grade i.e., Officer Middle Management Grade Scale II, others who qualify the test but fail to achieve the
standards set for placement in Middle Management Grade Scale II, will be confirmed as Officer Junior Management Scale Grade I. The services of those Officers who fail to qualify in this process will be terminated.
Bank provides immense opportunities for growth in the Bank including opportunities for postings abroad. The attractive promotion policy of the Bank provides an opportunity to the meritorious and exceptionally brilliant officers to reach the Top Management Grade in a reasonably quick time.
7. APPLICATION FEE AND INTIMATION CHARGE: (Non Refundable)
|1.||SC/ST/PWD||Rs 100/- (Intimation Charges only)|
|2.||General and Others||Rs 500/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)|
Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
8. SBI may arrange pre-examination training at certain centres for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates in consonance with the guidelines issued by Government of India. Candidates belonging to the above categories who desire to avail themselves of such training at their own cost may indicate to that effect against relevant column while applying on-line. An indicative list of training centres is given below:
The Bank may add additional centres or may delete some of the centres indicated for training.
Candidates opted for pre-examination training should download their call letter for training by entering their registration number and password/ date of birth from 26.05.2014 onwards from Bank’s website. No hard copy of the call letter will be sent by post.
9. Number of chances :
|Category||Number of Chances|
|SC/SC(PWD)/ ST/ ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
General category candidates who have appeared on 4 occasions in the recruitment examination of POs for SBI are not eligible to apply. In respect of General & General (PWD), OBC & OBC (PWD) candidates chances will be counted from the examination held on 18.04.2010.
10. HOW TO APPLY
GUIDELINES FOR FILLING ONLINE APPLICATION:
Candidates will be required to register themselves online through Bank’s website www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in. After registration candidates are required to pay the requisite application fee through one of the following modes:
- Offline mode : The system will generate a cash voucher/ challan form pre-printed with the candidate’s details which will be required to be presented at any State Bank of India branch counter with the requisite fee. On payment of the requisite fee through computer generated challan form, registration of the online application will be complete.
- Online mode : The payment can be made by using debit card/ credit card/Internet Banking.
Pre-requisites for Applying Online
Candidates should have valid email ID which should be kept active till the declaration of results. It will help him/her in getting call letter/interview advices etc. by email.
OPTION- I : PAYMENT OF FEE (OFFLINE):
- Candidates should first scan their photograph and signature as detailed under guidelines for scanning the photograph and signature.
- Candidates to visit Bank’s website www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in and open the appropriate Online Application Format, available in the ‘Recruitment link’.
- Fill the application carefully. Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data. In the event of candidates not able to fill the data in one go, they can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidates should note down the registration number and password.
They can re-open the saved data using registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available for three times only. Once the application is filled in completely, candidates should submit the data and take a printout of the system generated fee payment challan immediately. No change /edit will be allowed thereafter. The registration at this stage is provisional.
- Fee Payment: Fee will be accepted from 2nd working day after registration and can be made within three working days at any branch of State Bank of India. Candidates who have been registered online on the last day of registration i.e, on 25.04.2014 and opted for offline payment will be required to remit the fee on 28.04.2014 positively System generated fee payment challan will be used for depositing fee. Once fee is paid, the registration process is completed.
- Candidates will receive registration confirmation by SMS/e-mail after three working days from the date of payment of fees. Please ensure to furnish correct Mobile number/ email address to receive the registration confirmation.
- Three days after fee payment, candidates will also have a provision to reprint the submitted application containing fee details. The printout of the application form and fee receipt should be retained with the candidate for their reference.
OPTION- II: PAYMENT OF FEES : [ONLINE] :
- FOLLOW STEPS i) to iii) GIVEN UNDER OPTION-I ABOVE.
No fee payment challan will be generated. Fee payment will have to be made online through payment gateway available thereat.
- After ensuring the correctness of the particulars of the application form, candidates are required to pay fees through the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the instructions available on the screen. No change/edit will be allowed thereafter.
- The payment can be made by using debit card/ credit card/ Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen. Transaction charges for online payment, if any, will be borne by the candidates.
- On successful completion of the transaction, e-receipt and application form will be generated; which may be printed for record. The printout of the application form is not to be sent to the Bank.
- If the online transaction is not successfully completed, please register again and make payment online.
- There is also a provision to reprint the e-Receipt and Application form containing fee details, at later stage.
11. GUIDELINES FOR SCANNING THE PHOTOGRAPH & SIGNATURE
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given in Annexure-I. Online application will not be registered unless candidates upload photo and signature as specified.
- In case the face in the photograph or signature is unclear, the candidate’s application may be rejected.
- In case the photograph or signature is unclear, the candidate may edit his application and re-upload his photograph or signature.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application form after submitting the application.
- On-line registration of application & fee payment will be available from 07.04.2014 to 25.04.2014. Last date for cash deposit will be 28.04.2014 for offline payment.
- Candidates serving in Govt./Quasi Govt. offices, Public Sector undertakings including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions are advised to submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of interview, failing which their candidature may not be considered and travelling expenses, if any, otherwise admissible, will not be paid.
- In case of selection, candidates will be required to produce proper discharge certificate from the employer at the time of taking up the appointment.
- Caste certificate issued by Competent Authority on format prescribed by the Government of India will have to be submitted by the SC/ST candidates, if called for interview.
- A declaration will have to be submitted in the prescribed format by candidates seeking reservation under OBC category stating that he/she does not belong to the creamy layer as on 25.04.2014.
OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-creamy layer’ clause, issued during the period 01.04.2014 to the date of interview, should be submitted by such candidates, if called for interview.
- CALL LETTERS FOR EXAMINATION:
The candidates should download their call letter and an “acquaint yourself “ booklet
by entering their registration number and password / date of birth, from 30.05.2014 from the Bank’s website. NO HARD COPY OF THE CALL LETTER / ACQUAINT YOURSELF BOOKLET WILL BE SENTBY POST.
- PROOF OF IDENTITY TO BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF EXAMINTION :
The candidates must bring one photo identity proof such as passport/Adhar/PAN Card/Driving Licence/Voter’s Card/Bank Passbook with duly attested Photograph/Identity Card issued by School or College/Gazetted Officer in the official letterhead in original as well as a self attested Photocopy thereof. The photocopy of Identity proof should be submitted along with call letter to the invigilators in the examination hall, failing which or if identity of candidates is in doubt the candidate will not be permitted to appear for the test.
- ACTION AGAINST CANDIDATES FOUND GUILTY OF MISCONDUCT:
Candidates are cautioned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false, tampered/ fabricated and they should not suppress any material information while filling up the application form.
At the time of examination/interview, if a candidate is (or has been) found guilty of: (i) using unfair means during the examination or (ii) impersonating or procuring impersonation by any person or (iii) misbehaving in the examination hall or (iv) resorting to any irregular or improper means in connection with his/hercandidature for selection or (v) obtaining support for his/her candidature by any unfair means, such a candidate may, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, will also be liable :a) to be disqualified from the examination for which he/she is a candidateb) to be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any examination or recruitment conducted by Bank.
- The Bank would be analyzing the responses of a candidate with other appeared candidates to detect patterns of similarity. On the basis of such an analysis, if it is found that the responses have been shared and scores obtained are not genuine / valid, the Bank reserves the right to cancel his/her candidature.
- USE OF MOBILE PHONES, PAGERS, CALCULATOR OR ANY SUCH DEVICES:
- Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail cancellation of candidature and disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned item including mobile phones/ pagers to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safekeeping cannot be assured.
- Candidates are not permitted to use or have in possession of calculators in examination premises.
- GENERAL INFORMATION:
- Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the post applied for. The Bank would admit to the test all the candidates applying for the posts with the requisite fee on the basis of the information furnished in the online application and shall determine their eligibility only at the time of interview.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection / inability / failure to log on to the website on account of heavy load on internet or website jam.
- SBI does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of SBI.
- Not more than one application should be summitted by a candidate. In case of multiple applications, only the last valid (completed) application will be retained and the application fee / intimation charges paid for the other registrations will stand forfeited. Multiple attendance / appearance by a candidate in examination and / interview will be summarily rejected / candidature cancelled.
- The possibility for occurrence of some problems in the administration of the examination cannot be ruled out completely, which may impact test delivery and / or result from being generated. In that event, every effort will be made to rectify such problem, which may include the conduct of another examination if considered necessary.
- IN CASE IT IS DETECTED AT ANY STAGE OF RECRUITMENT THAT A CANDIDATE DOES NOT FULFIL THE ELIGIBILITY NORMS AND / OR THAT HE / SHE HAS FURNISHED ANY INCORRECT / FALSE INFORMATION OR HAS SUPPRESSED ANYMATERIAL FACT(S), HIS /HERCANDIDATURE WILL STAND CANCELLED. IF ANY OF THESE SHORTCOMINGS IS / ARE DETECTED EVEN AFTER APPOINTMENT, HIS /HER SERVICES ARE LIABLETOBE TERMINATED.
- Candidates are advised to keep their e-mail ID alive for receiving advices, viz. call letters/ Interview advices etc.
- Appointment of selected candidates is subject to his /her being declared medically fit as per the requirement of the Bank concerned.
- DECISIONS OF BANK IN ALL MATTERS REGARDING ELIGIBILITY, CONDUCT OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION, OTHER TESTS AND SELECTION WOULD BE FINAL AND BINDING ON ALL CANDIDATES. NO REPRESENTATION OR CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERTAINED BY THE BANK IN THIS REGARD.
- Any legal proceedings in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and/or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Mumbai and courts/tribunals/ forums at Mumbai only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any cause/dispute.
12. EXAMINATION CENTERS (Tentative List)
The examination may be at the following centres and the address of the venue will be advised in the call letters. Bank reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centre, at its discretion, depending upon the reponse, administrative feasibility, etc. Bank also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for.
|11||Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|12||Andhra Pradesh||Chirala, Chittoor, Guntur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Karimnagar, Khammam, Kurnool, Nellore, Ongole, Puttur, Rajahmundhry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Warangal|
|13||Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar, Naharlagun|
|14||Assam||Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kokrajhar, Silchar, Tezpur|
|15||Bihar||Arrah, Aurangabad, Bihar Sharif, Bhagalpur, Darbhanga, Gaya, Hajipur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnea, Samastipur, Siwan|
|17||Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|19||Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Himmatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|20||Haryana||Ambala, Bahadurgarh, Hissar, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Palwal, Rohtak, Sonipat, Yamunanagar|
|21||Himachal Pradesh||Baddi, Bilaspur, Dharamshala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Shimla, Sirmaur, Solan, Una|
|22||Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Kathua, Samba, Srinagar|
|23||Jharkhand||Bokaro, Dhanbad, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|24||Karnataka||Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bidar, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi|
|25||Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thrichur, Thiruvananthapuram|
|27||Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Satna, Sagar, Ujjain|
|28||Maharashtra||Amaravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nasik, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara|
|33||Delhi -NCR||Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida, Gurgaon|
|34||Odisha||Angul, Balasore, Bargarh, Baripada, Berhampur (Ganjam), Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Jharsuguda, Rourkela, Sambalpur|
|36||Punjab||Amritsar, Bhatinda, Fatehgarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Pathankot, Patiala, Phagwara, Sangrur|
|37||Rajasthan||Ajmer, Alwar, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sikar, Udaipur|
|39||Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Dindigul, Krishnagiri, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Perambalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Tirunelvelli, Thoothukodi, Vellore|
|41||Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bulandshaher, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Unnao, Varanasi|
|42||Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Haridwar, Roorkee|
|43||West Bengal||Asansol, Berhampur (West Bengal), Bardhaman, Dumkal, Durgapur, Hooghly, Howrah, Kalyani, Kolkata, Siliguri|