About Associate Banks of State Bank of India (Clerical Cadre)
This is the exam held for recruitment to Associate Banks of State Bank of India to fill vacancies for clerical level jobs. This year the total number of vacancies are 6425. This examination is conducted by Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection (IBPS) on behalf of the State Bank of India. Find out more information regarding eligibility, paper pattern, selection procedure etc. below:
- Online Registration of Application: 20.11.2014 to 09.12.2014
- Payment of Fees – Online: 20.11.2014 to 09.12.2014
- Payment of Fees – Offline: 22.11.2014 to 11.12.2014
- Online Exam Dates: 24/01/2015, 25/01/2015, 31/01/2015, 01/02/2015, 07/02/2015, 08/02/2015, 14/02/2015, 15/02/2015, 21/02/2015 & 22/02/2015.
- Call Letters for Examination: After 07/01/2015
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- Nationality: Must be Citizen of India
- Educational Qualification:A Degree (Graduation level) from a recognized university, or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central/State Government.
- The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet/provisional certificate or the date on which the result was posted on the website of the university / institution. Candidate having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 01.12.2014.
- Matriculate Ex-servicemen, who have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force, after having completed not less than 15 years of service in Armed Forces of the Union are also eligible for the post. Such certificates should be dated on or before 01.12.2014.
- Should be able to write and speak English.
- Knowledge of local language will be an added qualification.
- Age: (As on 01/12/2014)
- Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the online test and interview taken together. Merely satisfying the eligibility norms does not entitle a candidate to be called for test or interview.
- Test Duration & Pattern :
SR. NO Name of Tests (Objective) No. of Questions Maximum Marks Duration 1. General Awareness 40 40 2 hours 2. General English 40 40 3. Quantitative Aptitude 40 40 4. Reasoning Ability 40 40 5. Computer Knowledge/Marketing Aptitude 40 40 Total 200 200 Negative Marking: ¼th (.25) of the marks deducted for every incorrect answer
- Interviews: Candidates qualified in the test will be placed according to their marks in descending order in respective categories. Depending upon the number of vacancies only certain number of candidates from amongst those who qualify by ranking high enough in the merit will be called for interview in the ratio of maximum 3 candidates for each vacancy. Candidates are required to score a minimum percentage marks (to be decided by the bank) in interview to be considered for final selection. 5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/XS category will be available thereon. The knowledge of local languages will be tested in the interview. 10% weightage would be given out of total marks (35) for interview for possessing working knowledge of local language. Final selection will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the test and interview taken together.
Minimum Age: 20 years; Maximum Age: 28 years (as on 01.12.2014). Candidates born between 01.12.1986 and 01.12.1994 (both days inclusive) are only eligible to apply.
The upper age limit will be relaxed as under:
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||3 years|
|3.||PWD (General)||10 years|
|4.||PWD (SC/ST)||15 years|
|6.||Persons domiciled in Kashmir Division of Jammu & Kashmir State during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|7.||Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in defence services + 3 years, (8 years for disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST subject to maximum age of 50 years).|
|8.||Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands & who are not remarried||9 years (subject to maximum age limit of 35 years for General, 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST candidates)|
Candidates seeking age relaxation are required to submit copies of necessary certificate(s) at the time of interview, if qualifying. No change in the category of any candidate is possible after registration of online application. No correspondence/email/phone will be entertained in this regard.
CUMULATIVE AGE RELAXATION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE EITHER UNDER ABOVE ITEMS OR IN COMBINATION WITH ANY OTHER ITEM
The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs.17500.00 per month inclusive of D.A. and other allowances at the current rate. Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting.
7200-400/3-8400-500/3-9900-600/4-12300-700/7-17200-1300/1-18500-800/1-19300 (under review).