BANKS PROBATIONARY OFFICERS EXAMINATION (Bank PO Exam)
The online examination for the next Common Recruitment Process for selection of personnel for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee posts in the Participating Organisations listed below is tentatively scheduled in October 2014.
Any eligible candidate, who aspires to join any of the Participating Organisations listed at (A) as a Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee or in a similar post in that cadre, is required to register for the Common Recruitment Process (CWE PO/MT-IV). Candidates who appear and are shortlisted in the examination, will subsequently be called for a Common Interview to be conducted by the Participating Organisations and co-ordinated by the Nodal Bank with the help of IBPS.
Depending on the vacancies to be filled in during the financial year 2015-16 based on the business needs of the Participating Organisations and as reported to IBPS, candidates shortlisted will be provisionally allotted to one of the Participating Organisations keeping in view the spirit of Govt. Guidelines on reservation policy, administrative convenience, etc. The validity for CWE PO/MT-IV will automatically expire at the close of business on 31.03.2016 with or without giving any notice.
This system of Common Recruitment Process-CWE, Common Interview and provisional allotment for recruitment of Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee posts in Participating Organisations has the approval of the appropriate authorities. IBPS, an autonomous body, has received a mandate from the organisations mentioned at (A) below, to conduct the recruitment process as mentioned above, once a year. IBPS will make arrangements for conducting online examination, declare result of online examination and inform the shortlisted candidates about the interview. Interviews will be conducted by the participating organisations and coordinated by the Nodal Bank in each state/ UT with the help of IBPS. Prospective candidates will have to apply to IBPS after carefully reading the advertisement regarding the process of examination, interview and provisional allotment, eligibility criteria, online registration processes, payment of prescribed application fee/ intimation charges, pattern of examination, issuance of call letters etc. and ensure that they fulfil the stipulated criteria and follow the prescribed processes.
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- Any other bank or financial institution
The tentative schedule of events is as follows:
|Online Registration||22.07.2014 – 11.08.2014|
|Payment of Application Fees-Online||22.07.2014 – 11.08.2014|
|Payment of Application Fees-Offline||24.07.2014 – 14.08.2014|
|Download of Call Letter for Pre-Examination Training (PET) for SC/ST/ Minority Community candidates||11.09.2014 – 22.09.2014|
|Pre-Examination Training||22.09.2014 – 27.09.2014|
|Download of Call letter for Examination||After 01.10.2014|
|Online Examination (Tentative dates)-some/ all/ additional dates as the need arises||11.10.2014 & 12.10.2014
18.10.2014 & 19.10.2014
01.11.2014 & 02.11.2014
|Declaration of result status of examination (CWE)||November, 2014|
|Download of call letters for Interview||January, 2015|
|Conduct of Interview||January, 2015|
|Provisional Allotment||April, 2015|
Candidates, intending to apply for CWE PO/MT-IV should ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria specified by IBPS in this advertisement:
Please note that the eligibility criteria specified herein are the basic criteria for applying for the post. Candidates must necessarily produce the relevant documents in original and a photocopy in support of their identity and eligibility -pertaining to category, nationality, age, educational qualifications etc as indicated in the online application form. Please note that no change of category will be permitted at any stage after registration of the online application. Merely applying for CWE/ appearing for and being shortlisted in CWE and/or in the subsequent interview and/ subsequent processes does not imply that a candidate will necessarily be offered employment in any of the Participating Organisations. No request for considering the candidature under any category other than the one in which applied will be entertained.
Nationality / Citizenship:
A candidate must be either
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently
settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age (As on 01.07.2014):
Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 30 years
i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.07.1984 and not later than 01.07.1994 (both dates inclusive)
|Sr. No.||Category||Age relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|4||Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment||5 years|
|5||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|6||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
- The relaxation in upper age limit to SC/ST/OBC candidates is allowed on cumulative basis with only one of the remaining categories for which age relaxation is permitted as mentioned above in Point No. II (3) to II (6).
- The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates.
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be required to submit necessary certificate(s) in original/ copies at the time of Interview and at any subsequent stage of the recruitment process as required by
- In case of an Ex-servicemen who has once joined in a Govt. job on the civil side after availing the benefits given to him as an Ex-servicemen for his re-employment, his Ex-servicemen status for the purpose of re-employment in Government ceases.
There is no reservation for Ex-servicemen in Officers’ Cadre.
A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalentqualification recognized as such by the Central Government.The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / sheregisters and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognised by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the result should have been declared on or before 11.08.2014.
Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 11.08.2014 has to be submitted at the time of interview. The date of passing the eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark-sheet or provisional certificate issued by University/ Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute and web based certificate is issued then proper document/certificate in original issued and signed by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date of passing properly mentioned thereon will be reckoned for verification and further process.
- Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in the online application. Where CGPA / OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in online application. If called for interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating that the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
- Calculation of Percentage:The percentage marks shall be arrived at by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours / optional / additional optional subject, if any. This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
CWE – ONLINE EXAMINATION
The structure of the Examination which will be conducted online is as follows:
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning||50||Composite time of 2 hours|
|4||General Awareness (with special reference to Banking Industry)||40|
The above tests except the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
IBPS reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through its website. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letters from the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in.
Please note that candidates will not be permitted to appear for the CWE without the following documents:
- Valid Call Letter for the respective date and session of Examination
- Photo-identity proof (as specified) in original bearing the same name as it appears on the call letter/ application form and
- Photocopy of photo-identity proof (as mentioned in (2) above) Candidates reporting late i.e. after the reporting time specified on the call letter for Examination will not be permitted to take the examination.
The reporting time mentioned on the call letter is prior to the Start time of the test. Though the duration of the examination is 2 hours candidates may be required to be at the venue for about 4 hours including the time required for completion of various formalities such as verification and collection of various requisite documents, logging in, giving of instructions etc.
Penalty for Wrong Answers
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.